In this week, we will pull together everything we have done in this class: Data collection, management, AND display, and integrate these skills to produce interactive plots.
We will do this using Shiny, an R package that specializes in this functionality
- Why make an interactive plot?
- Introduction to Shiny
- Minimal examples - one-file and two-file
- Integrating interactive plots into RMarkdown
- Real-world example: The Cod Rebuilder
- Shiny cheatsheet
- Getting Started with Shiny
- The Cod Rebuilder app
- Electric vehicle footprint calculator
- Experimenting with interactive plots
Code and Data
Slides available via speakerdeck